Want to write for the Viking Abroad?
Do you have great content you want to share with the world and drive traffic to your own blog? You might get accepted to write for The Viking Abroad.
- Needs to be unique content, not published anywhere else, the post will be checked for plagiarising.
- Content needs to be useful and engaging and answer what readers can learn by reading your post.
- Include title, introduction, subheadings, conclusion, and an author bio with links to your website. This needs to be in the text that you send me.
- Word count between 300-2000 words.
- Include an author bio and a follow links at the end of the article.
- Must be travel related and not a promotion of products and sales, no ads or affiliate links.
- If you want to promote ads and affiliate links, the post will be a sponsored post and will have a charge.
- Provide pictures for every 250 words, 700 px on the longest side must be less than 1MB. The pictures must be in jpg.
- Use your own photos or legal stock photos.
- Please provide where in the text the photos should be. For example by numbering the photos and placing the number in the text.
- If possible, provide a vertical Pinterest pin with the title of the blog post sized: 735px x 1102px. Can be done easily on canva.com. It is not a must, but it gives a lot more traffic.
- Feel free to share the blog post on social media.
- You need to ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- You can come back and answer comments on the blog post.
- The post will be published on a Monday or Tuesday at 8 am Quito time. Be aware that other people can be in line before your post.
- Examples of Pinterest pins: Click here…
Examples of guest posts who got accepted:
Interested? Send a pitch and include what you want to write about to email@example.com with Guest Post as the subject.
Once you get accepted you can start to set up the post as a google doc or word document and where the photos should be placed. Send the photos separately.
If your post does not follow the guidelines as written above and is not including everything, you may not receive a response back and it can be seen as spam.
Feel free to ask questions.